Slow cooked and perfectly tender, this easy to prepare main dish is delectably savory and a star on your table.
- 3 onions, large, thinly sliced
- 3 heads garlic, sliced in half to expose the cloves
- 1 brisket, whole (fat on)
- 1/2 tbs Sel Magique Classic Blend, to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 3 cups beef or chicken broth
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- parsley & dill for garnish
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees f
- Layer sliced onions and garlic in a large roasting pan or Dutch oven. Season brisket with Magique and pepper.
- Place brisket on top of onions and garlic. Pour red wine, broth and tomatoes, if using, into pan. Cover food directly with a layer of parchment (foil will leech onto your food) and then seal tightly with foil.
- Roast at 225°F for 10 hours.
- Gently transfer brisket to a cutting board to cool before slicing. While brisket is cooling, strain onions and garlic from pan juices, being sure to press all juices out. Skim fat off of pan juices and reduce pan juices stove top until it coats the back of a spoon.
- Slice brisket across the grain and transfer back to braising pan. Store in refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for 1 month (freeze reduced braising liquid separately).
- Reheat brisket, covered in a low oven at 250°F, until hot. Serve with reduced pan juices a dash of Magique and fresh herbs.