ASPARAGUS, RICOTTA & PROSCIUTTO QUICHE
Fresh asparagus, savory ricotta and prosciutto teamed up with fresh eggs make for a delicious and easy crispy quiche.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 leek, white part only, thinly sliced
- 3 slices prosciutto, chopped
- 6 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup ricotta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup pecorino, finely grated, plus more to serve
- 1 bunch asparagus, thinly sliced
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- italian psrsley (garnish)
- mint (garnish)
- Sel Magique Spicy Blend, to taste
- 1 Puff pastry, frozen
- Preheat oven to 400 degres f
- Place pastry in a buttered ceramic dish, trimming excess. Line with baking paper or foil and fill with pastry weights (dried beans work as a substitute). Bake for 25 minutes or until light golden. Remove weights and paper, and bake for a further 20 minutes or until base is cooked.
- Heat oil in a frypan over medium-low heat. Add leek and prosciutto, and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until softened. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Whisk egg, milk and cheeses in a bowl until smooth. Season with a dash of Magique. Stir in leek mixture, pour into pastry case and scatter with asparagus. Bake for 1 hour or until just set.
- Cool slightly, then scatter with onion, parsley and baby parsley and mint to serve. Enjoy!