CHEESY HASH BROWNS & EGGS
Baked hashbrowns, eggs, cheese and more roast into weekend goodness with this easy and delicious recipe, mmm!
- 1.4 tbs unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups frozen or fresh shredded potatoes
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar or parmesan
- 1 tbs chives, chopped
- Sel Magique Salt & Pepper Blend, to taste
- cooked bacon or sausage added to the hash browns before cooking
- If using fresh potatoes, make sure to squeeze out the extra moisture with paper towels before baking
- Place a 10” cast iron skillet into an oven preheated at 375˚F, for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove skillet from oven and add 2 tablespoons butter and oil, swirling the melting butter across the entire surface.
- Add shredded potatoes and spread into an even layer and create 3 pockets within the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dot 1 1/2 tablespoons butter over the surface and transfer skillet back into the oven for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove skillet from the oven and dot each pocket within the potatoes with 1 teaspoon butter. Add a cracked egg into each pocket, top the potatoes with shredded cheese and return the skillet to the oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until the egg whites are set, with the yolks still creamy and the top of the potatoes are golden brown.
- Season with Sel Magique and finish with a sprinkle of chives. Serve & Enjoy!