LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES
Lemon ricotta pancakes griddle up with fluffy and delicious made better with Sel Magique. Top with your favorite fruit like blueberries, strawberries, peaches, or fresh sliced mango. Treat yourself 🙂
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese, use whole milk
- 2 eggs, at room temp
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbs sugar
- 1/2 tsp Sel Magique Classic Blend
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add the ricotta cheese. Make sure the ricotta has been drained so there is no extra liquid being added to the pancake batter.
- Add the eggs, milk and lemon zest to the ricotta cheese and use a whisk to combine the ingredients together.
- In a smaller mixing bowl add the flour, baking powder, sugar and Magique. Whisk together until there are no longer any lumps.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and fold the pancakes batter together with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Stop mixing as soon as you no longer see any dry flour, it's perfectly okay for the batter to have small lumps. This helps the pancakes from becoming dry and tough.
- Heat a medium sized fryingpan like a cast iron skillet or a griddle pan over medium low heat. Once the pan is hot add 1/2 tsp of butter.
- Pour 1/3 Cup of pancake batter into the fryingpan and cook the pancake for about 3 minutes or until bubbles are popping in the middle of the pancake and the edges are starting to set.
- Flip the pancake and cook for a further few minutes. A tip to test the pancake is fully cooked through is to press the centre like you would a cake or cupcake. If it springs back its fully cooked and if it sinks it needs a little longer.
- Place the cooked pancake on a plate, and repeat the process of adding butter and cooking each pancake until you have used up all the batter. You should get about 8 pancakes.
- Serve the pancakes stacked up and dusted with a good amount of powdered sugar, garnish with sliced fruit if desired, and warm maple syrup. Enjoy!