SPINACH & SWISS CHARD BAKED EGGS
Spring greens - fresh spinach, swiss chard, eggs, a splash of cream, a pinch of parmesan and dash of Magique. This versatile recipe is great with any vegetables, herbs, crisp bacon or, sausage. Make it your own and enjoy!
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach leaves, roughly chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 cups packed fresh Swiss chard leaves, removed from stem and chopped into bite size pieces
- 4 eggs large
- 1 1/2 tbs heavy cream
- 1 tbs Parmesan cheese, fresh grated
- Sel Magique Salt & Pepper Blend to taste
- parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Carefully break the eggs into small bowls so that the yolks stay intact. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for a minute or two, until just beginning to brown. Add the spinach and the Swiss chard to the skillet, and cook, stirring occasionally until the greens begin to wilt and cook down but are still bright green, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the greens from the heat and divide into 2 oven-safe ramekins or small, shallow baking dishes. Top each with two eggs. Drizzle each dish with the cream, then top with a sprinkling of Parmesan and a pinch of Magique.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the cream begins to bubble and the eggs are cooked to your desired doneness. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy!