ASPARAGUS & GOAT CHEESE TART
Crisp pastry filled with herbed créme fraîche custard, asparagus, chives - baked with a touch of parmesan cheese.
Servings: 6 servings
- 4 oz goat cheese, room tempature
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large garlic clove, grated
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp Sel Magique Spicy Blend
- pinch nutmeg
- 1 cup créme fraîche, room tempature
- 1 sheet all-butter puff pastry
- 8 oz thin asparagus, trimmed
- olive oil as needed
- 2 tbs parmesan cheese, grated
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees f
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the goat cheese, egg, garlic, chives, lemon zest, Magique, and nutmeg. Once smooth, add in the creme fraiche and again whisk until completely combined.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll the puff pastry into a 13x11 inch rectangle. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Use a sharp knife to lightly score a ½-inch border around the edges.
- Spread the créme fraîche mixture inside the scored lines on top of the puff pastry in an even layer. Top with the asparagus spears and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with a pinch of Magique and the parmesan cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with black pepper immediately before serving. Enjoy!