CREAMY TRUFFLE MAC & CHEESE
Mac & Cheese becomes even more fantastic with this 4-cheese recipe elevated with a touch of Black Truffle Sel Magique.
- 3 tbs butter, unsalted
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbs flour
- 3 cups hald-and-half
- 2 oz gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 8 oz fontana cheese, grated
- 4 oz parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lb pasta, cavatappi type
- 3.5 tsp truffle oil
- 1/2 tsp Sel Magique Black Truffle
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbs chopped parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and preheat the oven to 375°F. Butter a 9 x 13-in baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Grate in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the flour and cook until lightly golden. Whisk in the half-and-half and bring to a simmer. Whisk frequently and cook over medium-low heat until thickened.
- Cook the pasta for 6 minutes (it will be very el dente). Drain completely.
- Add in the cheeses to the sauce and whisk until melted. Drizzle in truffle oil and taste. Toss the pasta with the cheese sauce and then transfer to the buttered baking dish.
- Melt 1.5 tsp unsalted butter and add the Sel Magique. Toss the panko breadcrumbs in the melted butter and then spread in an even layer over the mac and cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden and the cheesy is bubbly. Allow to cool slightly. Drizzle the top with more truffle oil, if desired, and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve warm and enjoy!