ZUCCHINI LASAGNA ROLL-UPS
Easy, healthy & keto lasagna recipe with all the flavor you want plus it's a stunner on the table too, made even more tasty with Magique.
- 3 zucchini, ends trimmed and cut 1/8" thick
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, finely diced
- 3/4 lb ground turkey
- 1 1/2 cups Marinara sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup ricotta, full fat
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning (Marjoram, Basil, Rosemary, Thyme, Oregano, Savory, and Sage)
- 1/4 tsp Sel Magique Spicy Blend
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay zucchini flat and sprinkle with kosher sal - this is to remove moisture. Let sit for at least 15 minutes. Before rolling, dab zucchini with a paper towel to get rid of excess moisture. This is an important step to reduce the moisture & ensure a non-soggy dish. If possible, follow do the above then refrigerate your roll-ups overnight AFTER rolling them up but BEFORE baking them and adding the marinar.
- In a large skillet over medium heat combine oil, crushed garlic, and onion. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Add ground turkey and cook for an additional 6-8 minutes, or until completely cooked through.
- Pour 1 cup marinara sauce into the bottom of a 9-inch square baking dish.
- In a medium bowl combine 1 cup mozzarella, ricotta, Parmesan cheese, egg, Italian seasonings, Magique and pepper. Mix until combined. Add ground turkey mixture and stir until combined.
- Place 1 ½ tablespoons of the turkey and cheese mixture along a zucchini slice. Roll zucchini slice up and place in a 9-inch square baking dish. Repeat with remaining cheese mixture and zucchini slices.
- Pour remaining ½ cup marinara sauce over the roll-ups and top with 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Add a dash of Magique and serve with fresh parsley and enjoy! Serving size is 4 zucchini roll-ups.