CHIPOTLE CHICKEN FAJITAS
Restaurant quality savory Chipotle Chicken Fajitas right at home. This very tasty dish is great for lunch or dinner, and is fun for friends and family because everyone gets to make their own Fajita as they prefer, with cheese, sour cream, lettuce, cilantro, hot sauces, etc. Make this as a featured 'fajita station' at a celebration, or dress your table for a dining event everyone will love. Enjoy!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into thin strips
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tsp chipotles in adobo chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 8 warm flour tortillas
- Grated Cheddar cheese, sliced avocado, pico de gallo, cilantro and Lime wedges for serving
- 1/2 tsp Sel Magique Salt & Pepper Blend
- Before you begin, make sure all your ingredients are chopped and sliced in advance, including whatever you intend to serve to prepare the fajitas at the table - so all your cheese, chopped cilantro, lettuce, sliced avocados, along with your salsas, sour cream and related items.
- Place sliced chicken in a bowl and season with cumin, chili powder, and Sel Magique salt and pepper blend. Let rest for 30 minutes (this helps tenderize the chicken and locks in the spice flavors). Heat oil in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Don't overcook. Remove to a plate; reserve skillet and juices from cooking for the next step.
- To the skillet, add pepper, onion, mushrooms, and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in chipotles, lime juice, and cooked chicken, stir to warm. Season with more Sel Magique salt & Pepper, to taste. Don't over-salt 🙂
- Plate onto a serving dish (or just use the skillet) and serve along with with tortillas and toppings. Enjoy!