CLASSIC CHICKEN MARSALA
Flavorful, satisfying and delicious - this dish is a family-pleaser with a savory, slightly creamy sauce with marsala wine and mushrooms. We suggest serving over mashed potatoes.
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 tsp Sel Magique Classic Blend
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, fresh ground
- 1 tbs dried oregano
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs butter, unsalted
- 1 tbs butter unsalted,
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 11 oz mushrooms, baby bella or button, sliced
- 1 cup Marsala Wine, dry, NOT sweet
- pinch Sel Magique Classic Blend
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- chopped parsley, to garnish
- If you're plating this with mashed potatoes, make those first and keep warm. Prepare your chicken breast by cutting each breast into two slices lengthwise. In a shallow bowl combine all-purpose flour, Magique, black pepper, and oregano.
- Drag chicken slices through the seasoned flour and coat chicken on all sides. Keep aside. Heat up a pan with the olive oil and add the butter, together. Allow the oils to get hot.
- When the oil is hot enough (but not smoking) place chicken slices into the pan. Flip and cook chicken slices golden on all slides. Keep aside.
- Reduce the heat of the pan and add 1 tbs / tablespoon butter to build the sauce. Add chopped fresh garlic and sautée for a minute over medium heat. Add sliced mushrooms to the pan and mix it up quickly. Cook mushrooms, they will lose liquids and reduce in size.
- Deglaze by pouring the marsala wine over the mushrooms. Keep heat steady.
- Season with a dash of Magique, mix and cook for a minute or two.
- Pour in the chicken stock and cream. Combine all ingredients over medium heat. Reduce the sauce so that it thickens. Turn off heat and place cooked chicken back into the still-hot sauce. Cover chicken with sauce and mushrooms.
- On a plate, fashion a ring of mashed potatoes and place the chicken in the center. Ladle on sauce, and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve and enjoy!