CREAMY MUSHROOM CHICKEN
Creamy mushroom chicken baked to perfection with rich, savory garlic and herb flavors made in just 15 minutes. Add-in ideas: chopped spinach (add a few handfuls to the sauce just before baking); sun-dried tomatoes (add 1/4 cup rehydrated ones when you cook together the mushrooms and garlic); thyme, parsley, basil as you like - add at the end as garnish or add to the sauce before putting in the oven. This is a super delicious crowd-pleaser - enjoy!
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
- Sel Magique Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Herbes de Provence
- 1 tbs butter (unsalted)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs butter (unsalted)
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 8 oz mushrooms (cap type), sliced - about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp dijon
- 1/2 tsp Sel Magique Salt & Pepper
- grind of fresh black pepper
- 2-3 tbs parmesan cheese, fresh grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees f
- Rub chicken with Magique salt and pepper. Sprinkle all over with Herbs de Provence.
- In a large cast iron skillet (or other oven-safe skillet – see note), combine oil and butter over medium-high heat.
- Once butter is melted, add the chicken and brown on each side for 1-2 minutes until you get a nice browned color. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, begin preparing the sauce by adding the butter. Once melted, stir in garlic and mushrooms and sauté 2-3 minutes until mushrooms are browned and garlic is fragrant.
- Stir in chicken broth, heavy cream, dijon mustard, Magique, and pepper. Bring to a boil, cook for two minutes at a high boil. Remove from heat.
- Return chicken to skillet. Spoon sauce over the chicken, then transfer skillet to the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked through and sauce has reduced (it should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon).
- Spoon the mushroom sauce over the chicken and serve & enjoy.