LEMON OREGANO ROAST CHICKEN
A fantastic classic that goes together quickly and delivers big time flavor. Crispy, savory chicken, earthen oregano and bright hits of lemon.
- 4 large chicken thighs, or 8 small skin-on boneless thighs
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (Sauvingnon Blanc or similar)
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 large lemon
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano
- 1 tbs shallot, minced
- 1/2 clove garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 tsp Sel Magique Salt & Pepper Blend
- Heat oven to 425°. Slice lemon in half. Thinly slice one half of lemon. Cut remaining lemon half into 2 wedges. Season chicken thighs with Magique.
- Coat an oven safe skillet with 1 teaspoon of oil and then place chicken on top skin side down. Place skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken, let skin render and brown. Pour off excess fat and leaving only enough fat in the pan to maintain a thin coating. Continue to cook chicken for another 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked halfway through.
- Place of half of lemon slices on the bottom of the pan and the remaining half on top of chicken (the slices on top of the chicken will soften; those in the skillet will caramelize). Transfer skillet to oven, leaving chicken skin side down. Roast until chicken fro 6-8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and skin is crisp.
- Transfer chicken, skin side up, to a platter and place and place caramelized lemon slices from bottom of skillet to a warm platter. (Discard softened lemon slices in the skillet.)
- Return skillet to medium heat. Add oregano sprigs, shallot, garlic, and red pepper flakes; cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add wine; cook over medium heat until reduced by half, 1-2 minutes. Add broth; cook until thickened, about 3 minutes. Squeeze 1 lemon wedge over and season sauce with Magique (dont add too much), and juice from remaining lemon wedge, if desired. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons oil. Return chicken to skillet, skin side up, to rewarm. Serve topped with caramelized lemon slices. Enjoy!