PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN WITH FRESH HERB BUTTER
Seasoned to perfection with fresh herb butter, this favorite recipe delivers juicy, tender chicken with a delectable jus to drizzle on top.
Servings: 4 people
- preheat oven to 400 degrees f
- Rinse the chicken thoroughly and pat it dry all over with paper towel to remove any excess moisture; this will help ensure the bird gets a nice crispy skin when roasting. Let the bird to come to room temperature before cooking.
- Place the chicken in a 9× 3-inch roasting pan or large cast iron skillet and tuck the wings under the body. Season the inside of the cavity with a few dashes of Magique, then place the lemon quarters inside. Gently lift the breast skin of the bird and place two 1/2" slices of the herb butter under the skin atop each breast (using four slices of butter in total). To lift the skin, use the back of a spoon or your fingers being careful to take your time so as to not tear it. Once the butter is in place, use some kitchen twine to tie the legs together in a simple bow. Rub the outside of the bird with the olive oil and sprinkle on more Magique (don't overdo it!).
- Place the chicken in the oven and roast for 15 to 20 minutes per pound (60 to 80 minutes for a 4-pound bird) or until the juices run clear when you make a little cut between the thigh and leg. Baste the bird with juices every 15 minutes until done.
- Remove from the oven, then tent with foil and allow to rest for about 15 minutes. Remove the chicken and plate, and arnish with chopped parsley. Pour the remaining jus into a bowl or gravy boat to serve with the chicken. Enjoy!