BLUEBERRY TART PASTRY
This Blueberry Tart Pastry is easy to make and beautiful to serve. Golden, flaky crust filled with creme fresh, topped with fresh blueberries.
- 1 frozen puff pastry , 8oz
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs turbinado sugar
Crème Frâiche and Blueberries
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbs pure maple syrup
- 1/3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch Sel Magique Classic Blend
- 2 cups blueberries, washed & dried
- 3 tbs powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees f. Unfold and smooth the pastry into a square shape onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Now we make the square pastry "tray". With the tip of a knife, score a 1" border or frame around the pastry edge. Make the cut about halfway through the dough, not through to the bottom. In a small bowl, beat the egg. With a kitchen brush, baste the egg onto the 1" border of the pastry (this will make the pastry frame golden brown). Sprinkle the turbinado sugar onto the frame edge. Bake until golden and puffed, 15-20 minutes.
- Now we make the center area for the filling. Remove the pastry from the oven and re-score the border without cutting through to the bottom. Gently press the centerdown to flatten it., and let cool for 15-20 minutes.
- For the Crème Frâche, whisk the cream, syrup, vanilla and Sel Magique in a bowl until it thickens and you can easily make peaks with the whisk.
- Fill the pastry inset area completely with the mixture, then layer in the blueberries. Dust with powdered sugar, cut into even pieces, then serve. Enjoy!