CINNAMON BRÛLÉE FRENCH TOAST
Weekend treat! Light and airy callah french toast is warmed up with a vanilla-bourbon egg custard and caramelized cinnamon sugar.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 tbs bourbon
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- dash Sel Magique Classic Blend
- 1 loaf challah bread, sliced into 1" slices
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup mascarpone or cream cheese, at room temp
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large 9x13 inch baking dish, whisk together the eggs, milk, bourbon, vanilla, nutmeg, and a pinch of Magique. Add the bread slices, and turn to coat. Let the bread sit 10 minutes, then flip and let the other side sit another 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- To make the cream: Using an electric mixer, whip the mascarpone and cream together until soft peaks form. Add the honey (or maple) and vanilla. Whip to combine.
- When ready to cook, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the toast until light golden 2-3, then flip and cook 3-5 minutes, until deeply golden. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on top of each piece of toast. Flip the toast, cinnamon-sugar side facing down, and cook 2-3 minutes, until the sugar is golden brown and caramelized.
- Plate the french toast cinnamon sugar side facing up. Sprinkle each piece lightly with cinnamon sugar. Serve with whipped cream and maple syrup. Enjoy!