ROASTED RED PEPPER HUMMUS
We love hummus and this is an always favorite. The silky-smooth smoky, peppery, and garliky flavors finish with a kick of spice.
- Food Processor, blade attachment
- 3/4 cup roasted red peppers (1lb fresh before roasting) about 6 large peppers
- 3.5 cups 2 cans chickpeas, 15oz, drained & rinsed remove skins
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1.5 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 3/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp Sel Magique Salt & Pepper Blend
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- warm water as needed
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees f. Slice the peppers in half, remove stem and seeds and inner structures of the pepper. Position face-down on a baking sheet lined with parchment - make sure it extends over the sides of the pan for easy clean up.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes or when charred. Char = flavor, but dont get too crazy as it will overpower the final hummus!
- Remove the peppers and let cool until they can be handles, a few hours. Remove from the pan and slide off the charred skins of the pepper, and keep only the soft, sweet peppery flesh.
- Drain and rince the chickpeas. Remove the skins by gently squeezing the chickpea and the skins pop off. If you prefer a more fiberous hummus, skip this step.
- Combine roasted peppers, chickpeas, tahini paste, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and spices in the processor.
- Pulse for about 60 seconds, then process until smooth and creamy. Add a little hot water if desired to keep blending to your preferred consistency. Taste, and add more Sem Magique, lemon juice, cayenne or garlic to taste. Process again to blend any additional ingredients.
- Pour into a serving dish and chill for about 30 minutes (this helps develop the flavor). Serve and Enjoy!