CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES WITH PURE FLEUR DE SEL
Thick and chewy, filled with chocolate chips! Made better with brown butter and finished with Sel Magique pure fleur de sel.
Servings: 20 Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees f, line a pan with parchment paper
- Place your butter into a medium-size saucepan and bring it to a simmer over medium-high heat, whisking constantly.
- Continue whisking the butter until it begins to turn a golden brown color and releases a nutty aroma. Do not walk away from the butter or it can burn. Set it aside to cool until it no longer feels warm. You can put it in the fridge in a shallow pan to speed up the process.
- Once your butter has cooled, place it into a large bowl. Add the white and brown sugar and cream until light and fluffy, about 6 minutes.
- Add in eggs, letting the first one mix in fully before adding in the second one. Then add in vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Next, add flour, baking soda, and 1/2 tsp of Sel Magique Pure Fleur de Sel, and hand mix with a spatula until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips with a spatula, do not over-mix your dough.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and place it into the fridge to rest for a minimum of 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Use a small cookie scoop (roughly two Tablespoons) to scoop your dough and place them onto your cookie sheet about 2" apart. Add a few chocolate chips to the dough balls to make them extra chocolatey, if desired.
- Bake cookies for 11-12 minutes or just until they start to get golden brown around the edges. It's better to under-bake then to over-bake. This makes the cookies extra soft and chewy.
- After removing from the oven, lightly sprinkle with Sel Magique Pure Fleur de Sel on top of the cookies.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before carefully transferring them to a cooling rack, serve immediately and enjoy!