Rustic Blueberry Cheesecake
Rustic blueberry cheesecake with a chunky, buttery graham crust and sweet, creamy blueberry center topped with fresh, ripe blueberries. Make this a day before you plan to enjoy, for stress-free entertaining. This recipe includes gelatin to make the center firm and fluffy; to make it vegetarian-friendly substitute with cornstarch.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 8" x 3" round springform pan
- Food processor
- electric hand mixer
- 9 oz graham crackers, about 2 cups
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 3 tsp gelatin powder, or substitute 5 tsp cornstarch.
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 17 1/2 oz cream cheese, about 2 1/2 packages (Philadelphia brand)
- 1/2 cup fine granulated sugar, also known as caster sugar If you don't have fine granulated, add the 1/2 cup granulated sugar and pulse in a dry food processor until you get the superfine texture.
- 1 tsp vanilla paste. We prefer this for the speckles, you can substitute 1 tsp vanilla extract if you like.
- 10 oz heavy whipping cream
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp Sel Magique Classic Blend
- Grease a 8" x 3" round springform pan. Add graham crackers to food processor, and pulse until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add butter. Process until just combined, a little chunky. Press mixture over base and up the side of prepared pan, about 3/8" thickness. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Sprinkle gelatin over boiling water in a small saucepan. Whisk with a fork until gelatin is dissolved. Set aside to cool for 15 minutes. If using cornstarch, boil 5 tbs water and whisk in cornstarch with a fork until cornstarch is dissolved and thickens, about 1-2 minutes. set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in gelatin (or cornstarch) mixture until combined. Fold in whipped cream, then 1 cup blueberries. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Smooth top with a spatula. Sprinkle remaining blueberries over cheesecake. Cover, refrigerate overnight
- Remove cheesecake from pan and transfer to a plate. Dust with powdered sugar and 1/2 tsp Sel Magique. Serve.