STARWBERRY SUGAR COOKIES
Chewy, soft and delicious sugar cookies are enhanced with soft color and nuanced flavor of dehydrated strawberries.
Servings: 18 cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp Sel Magique classic blend, ground
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1.48 cups (350g) granulated sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup freeze dried strawberries
- 1/2 cup granulates sugar for rolling the cookies
- pink food coloring color enhancement
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/175°C. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a blender or food processor, blend your freeze dried strawberries until you have a fine powder.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and Magique together. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter for 1 minute until soft and creamy.
- Add your sugar and beat on medium-high for 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add your egg, egg yolk and vanilla, then beat until it is well combined.
- Add your dry ingredients and beat on low, stop as soon as the flour is combined.
- Add your strawberry powder and food dye and mix with a rubber spatula until evenly pink. Only add the food coloring a bit at a time, add a few drops until you have the shade of pink you want.
- Scoop out the dough into 1 ½ tablespoon balls and roll in the extra granulated sugar. Chill for at least 20 minutes, or up to overnight.
- Bake 4-6 at a time (depending on the size of your baking sheet!) for 11-12 minutes. While you're baking those, keep the others in the fridge. The cookies will be slightly puffed and the sides should be set. The cookies will continue cooking when they’re taken out of the oven and the middle will set and crack.