Creamy, savory, indulgent and utterly delicious! Beer adds a hoppy twist to melted Swiss and Gruyere cheeses. Serve simply with sliced bread, or with meats, broccoli, cauliflower, bell peppers, mushrooms, apples & pears, potatoes, or whatever you like. This is a great meal paired with a simple green salad.
- Fondue forks or long handled forks
- Fondue pot preferred
- or heavy bottom saucepan + travel stove butane type to keep saucepan warm
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup beer, use a Pilsner lager, bock, or wheat ale. Avoid sour beers.
- 2 cups fresh shredded Swiss cheese, shred it yourself don't use pre-shredded cheese.
- 2 cups fresh shredded Gruyere cheese, shred it yourself don't use pre-shredded cheese.
- 2 tbs all-purpose flour
- dash Sel Magique Classic Blend
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
TO SERVE : SUGGESTED
- 1 large baguette, cubed toasted, optional
- potato chips, we love Cape Cod Waves
- asparagus, broccoli, bell peppers, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, carrots, zucchini roasted
- mushroom (crimini, shiitake, oyster, or sliced portobellos) sauteéd
- grilled steak, poached chicken, cooked ham cubed
- Cured meats, like beef jerky, kielbasa, pepperoni, salami, and sausage
- sliced green or red apple, sliced pears raw
- Plan ahead to know what you're serving with the fondue, and prepare accordingly. Arrange plated options on table, leaving space for the centerpiece - your fantastic fondue.
- Simmer wine and beer in fondue pot (or saucepan). Add Swiss cheese, Gruyere cheese, a little at a time. Stir after each addition of cheese until melted. Stir in flour. When all the cheese has melted, stir in Magique and nutmeg. Garnish if you like with chopped chives or parsley. Serve and enjoy!