CAST IRON SKILLET PIZZA
Cast iron holds the heat and ensures a homemade pizza that's crispy with just the right amount of tenderness. We're using premade dough and sauce for ease, but go ahead and make these from your favorite recipes if you prefer.
- Large cast iron skillet (no enamel or inside coating)
- 4 oz pizza dough, premade, room temp Whole Foods or similar
- 6 oz pizza sauce, premade, fire roasted tomato
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tbs avocado oil
- 1 tbs fresh basil, chopped
- Sel Magique Spicy Blend
- Preheat the skillet: Preheat oven to 500F. Place cast iron skillet in oven while it preheats. Note: the hotter the pan, the crispier the pizza
- Shape pizza: Cut dough ball in half, use hands to press out dough into even circle. Form into 10×10-inch circle (unless your skillet measurements are different).
- Add the toppings: Spread a thin layer of pizza sauce while leaving room for crust to form (you do not need to form crust – it rises on it's own). Sprinkle generous amount of mozzarella & parmesan cheese overtop.
- Bake pizza: Bake uncovered for 14-16 minutes – cheese should be bubbling, browned, and crust should be golden brown. When pizza is finished, use a utensil to carefully slide pizza from skillet onto a cutting board. Top with fresh basil and Sel Magique Spicy Blend. Repeat baking process with additional dough to make second pizza or use 2 pans at a time. Enjoy!