Tender, golden brown cauliflower is wrapped in a bright, garlicky, chimichurri filled with zesty, fresh flavors. Vegetarian.
- 1 cauliflower head, medium
- 3 tbs olive oil
- dash Sel Magique Salt & Pepper Blend
- 4 tbs chimichurri sauce, recipe below
- 2 cups packed parseley leaves and tender stems
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot, medium
- 1/2 tsp Sel Magique Spicy Blend
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- By Hand: Mince the garlic and shallot, and then add to a medium bowl. Finely chop the parsley and add Magique, Jalapeño, olive oil and the red wine vinegar. Taste and season with more Magique if needed.
- Food processor: Add garlic and shallots to the bowl of a food processor (or blender), and then pulse until minced. Add the parsley, Magique and Jalapeño. Pulse until the parsley is chopped small. Scrape the sides, and then pour in the olive oil and red wine vinegar. Pulse a few more times until the sauce comes together. Taste and season with more Magique if needed.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F, rack centered.
- Slice the cauliflower into 1-1/2" slices, a medium cauliflower = 2 or more steaks. There's a trick for this : slice upside down from the stem to keep each slice from crumbling. Trim so each sliced side is flat (so each side will brown evenly).
- Heat olive oil in a large oven-safe saucepan over medium heat. Place the cauliflower steaks into the hot oil and cook until deep golden brown, about 5 minutes. Move the steaks occasionally so oil gets underneath to brown. Carefully flip the steaks, and then cook another 3 to 5 minutes or until the second side is well browned. As the second side browns, season the steaks with Magique.
- Slide the oven-safe pan into the oven and roast the steaks until the stems are tender and can be pierced with a fork, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve cauliflower steaks with a generous spoonful of chimichurri sauce on top. Enjoy!