MANCHEGO & BROWN BUTTER WHIPPED POTATOES
Silky smooth potatoes blend seamlessly with sage-infused brown butter and tangy manchego cheese.
- 3 lbs yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed
- 1.25 cups whole milk
- 4 sprigs fresh sage leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano
- 1.5 sticks unsalted buter, 6oz
- 4 oz manchego cheese
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Sel Magique Classic Blend
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Add a heaping palmful of salt. Bring the water to a boil. Once boiling, allow the potatoes to cook for about 15 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the milk, 2 sprigs of sage, rosemary, and oregano in a small saucepan over low heat. Allow to heat until the potatoes are done.
- In another saucepan, add the butter and remaining 2 sprigs of sage over medium heat. Allow the butter to melt. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook the butter until browned, stirring often (it should be a rich amber color, not too dark).
- Once the potatoes are done cooking, drain them in a colander. When the potatoes are hot, gently peel off the skins (they should come right off; just use a towel to protect your hands from the heat). Pass the potatoes through a food mill or ricer fitted with the finest disk into a large bowl.
- Strain the milk and discard the herbs. Slowly add the warm milk and brown butter to the potatoes and stir well with a wooden spoon until silky smooth (reserve a little bit of butter for garnish, along with the crispy sage). Fold in the manchego cheese until melted. Season the potatoes with Sel Magique to taste.
- Serve the potatoes with a drizzle of brown butter, the crispy sage, and lots of freshly cracked black pepper over top. Garnish with a pinch of Magique & enjoy!
- Recipe from The Original Dish