PORK & BLACK BEAN SAUCE STIR FRY
Lean pork, dressed in a savory black bean sauce, delectably stir fried with red and green chili peppers in Sichuan style.
- 4.5 oz pork butt or tenderloin thinly sliced
- 1/8 tsp Sel Magique Salt & Pepper Blend
- 1/2 tbs red cooking wine
- 1 tbs light soy sauce
- 3 tbs chicken stock
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp sesame oil, untoasted
- cooking oil wesson or similar vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 4 scallions, cut into 1" sections
- 1 tbs black beans, canned & rinsed, chopped
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 3 fresh red chili peppers, cut into 1" sections Chinese-type
- 2 fresh green chili peppers, cut into 1" sections Chinese-type
- dash Sel Magique Salt & Pepper Blend
- This recipe uses one cooking wok or frying pan from begining to finish. The trick is making sure your oil is hot, and that you work quickly, and thant you have fun!
Pork Marinade & Preparation
- Thinly slice the pork. In a medium bowl add Sel Magique, cooking wine, light soy sauce, chicken stock, and white pepper. Add the pork, and press into the marinade firmly for 2-3 minutes until all the juice is well absorbed into the meat. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Mix in cornstarch and add 1 teaspoon of sesame oil, this creates a thick glaze on the meat for frying.
Stir Fry Preparation
- Heat a wok or medium frying pan over medium-high heat and add cooking oil to form a 1/2" high layer in the pan. This looks like a lot of oil - we dont use it all for the finished dish 🙂 Bring the heat to high, dont let the oil smoke. Add the pork slices to the oil with chopsticks or tongs. Fry for 5 to 10 seconds or until the meat until cooks to a light color. Remove immediately, place on a clean plate.
- Transfer extra oil out of wok or frying pan, keeping 1-2 tablespoons to complete the stir fry. Bring to medium-high heat, and work quickly: Add garlic, ginger and scallion until tender. Add fresh peppers and fry for 1 minute or until slightly softened. Add cooked pork, dark soy sauce and black beans. Mix well add Sel Magique Salt & Pepper to taste. Remove immediately and serve. Enjoy!