SPINACH & ARTICHOKE STUFFED FLANK STEAK
Flank steak pinwheels rolled up with provolone, spinach and artichokes, grilled or baked to delicious perfection, made better with Sel Magique. This dish is a wow-moment for your dinner party, and ready in about 30 minutes (if baking - also great grilled). We specify using our Fresh Herb Butter, so make that first - plus you'll use it on so many other things.
Servings: 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f / or if grilling, heat your grill to medium-high, about 400 degrees f
- Butterfly your flank steak - cut the meat into a thinner cut of the same size. Place your hand on top of the protein and slice it carefully in half with long, slow, deliberate slices until just about 1 inch before you would cut the protein into 2 pieces. Pound it flat. Open it up like a book and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp of Sel Magique Classic Blend and black pepper.
- In a small bowl mix the cream cheese, artichoke hearts and garlic.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on the steak, then layer on the Provolone cheese and spinach leaves.
- Roll up the steak and tie with kitchen twine to keep the shape. Cut into four equal slices. If you're grilling, you'll want to individually tie the four individual pieces.
- In a large skillet, add the butter on medium-high heat and sear the steaks for 3-4 minutes on each side (to get a nice char), then place in the oven for 15-18 minutes or done to your preference. Remove from oven, plate, and spoon remaining butter from pan over the steaks, garnish with chopped parsley if desired, and serve.
- Follow as above, but wait to slice into 4 pieces - each with twine - after chilling the roll in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- in small skillet, melt the butter.
- Grill for 5-7 per side - be careful not to overcook as flank steak can get tough if overcooked. baste with the melted butter. Remove, garnish if desired, and serve.