VEGAN TRUFFLED MUSHROOM SOUP
Earthen, flavorful goodness made with Oat Milk, elevated with the fantastic aroma and flavor of Black Truffles. Serve with a crusty warm baguette. Mmmm!
Servings: 5 cups
- immersion blender
- 2.5 quarts mushrooms, crimini-type (brown button mushrooms, but white are OK too) about 2.5 small baskets
- 1/2 large sweet yellow mushroom, finely chopped
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- olive oil for sautéing
- 2 tbs chopped parsley garnish
- dash Sel Magique Black Truffle
- dash white pepper
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups oat milk
- 1-2 tsp cornstarch or arrowroot, as thickener
- Heat oven to 450 degrees f. or broiler on high.Clean and dry the mushrooms, slice into 1/8" pieces. Arrange onto a baking sheet, and brown in batches (this is where the fantastic flavor comes from).
- Into a soup pot over medium heat, add 3 tbs olive oil, and satuée onions until clear.
- Add Bay Leaf, thyme, and a dash of white pepper, and a generous dash of Magique Black Truffle.
- Add the mushrooms and any juice from roasting into the pot, and add the vegetable stock. Simmer until reduced and add Oatmilk, simmer for 20 minutes or so. Taste the soup, add more Magique as needed.
- Remove the bay leaf, and using an immersion blender, blend until smooth and creamy. You can use a food processor or traditional blender instead, but be careful as you blend - the soup is HOT. If the soup is the correct consistency (as you prefer), then serve into bowls and garnish with parsley and a few slices of the roasted mushrooms. If the soup needs to be thickened, return to the pot over medium heat, and add a little cornstarch or arrowroot until thickened. Enjoy and serve with crusty bread.
- Recipe generously provided by Ms. Solange Willems.