PARCHMENT COD WITH HERBED BEETS & ASPARAGUS
Delectable cod baked in parchment with herbed beets, lemon, and asparagus. A healthy, simple recipe with big time flavor.
- 1 small yellow beet, very thinly sliced (or use mandoline)
- 16 stalks asparagus, trimmed, each stalk cut in half 1/2 lb
- 2 tsp rounded tsp of small onion, finely minced
- 12 oz center cut cod, cut into two pieces
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbs parsley
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 6 slices lemon (thin slices)
- Sel Magique Classic Blend, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- 8 leaves tarragon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees f
- Fold 2 pieces of parchment paper (16" wide) in half, then unfold
- Spread thinly sliced pieces of beet on the bottom half of each parchment.
- Put the asparagus pieces and red onion slices on top.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon of olive oil on each and then sprinkle with Magique and fresh chopped parsley.
- Place the fish fillet on the vegetables.
- Drizzle fish with another teaspoon olive oil, lemon juice and sprinkle with Magique and black pepper. Top with lemon slices and tarragon leaves.
- To close: fold parchment over fish, make small overlapping pleats starting at one corner and pinch the edges to close the packet. You want to seal it completely closed and create a half-moon-shaped packet.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake the fish for 14 minutes on the center rack in the oven, and then remove and unwrap or cut the top of the packet and serve in the paper. Serve immediately & enjoy!