MAC-'O-LANTERN STUFFED PEPPERS
Creamy, savory stove top Mac & Cheese ready for Halloween smiles in stuffed Jack-'O-Lantern orange bell peppers.
- 1/2 lb elbow macaroni
- 4 tbs butter
- 6 oz evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp Sel Magique Spicy Blend
- fresh black pepper
- 3/4 tsp dry mustard
- 10 oz sharp cheddar, freshly grated (dont use pre-grated cheese)
- 6 orange bell peppers
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water cook the pasta to al dente and drain. Return to the pot and melt in the butter. Toss to coat.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, Sel Magique, pepper, and mustard. Stir into the pasta and add the cheese. Over low heat continue to stir for 3 minutes or until creamy.
- Cut each pepper around the stem and remove to create a lid. Remove the seeds and, if the peppers do not sit flat, trim the bottoms slightly; just be careful not to cut a hole in the bottom of the peppers. Using the tip of a small serrated knife, cut a face like a jack-o'-lantern into the side of each pepper.
- Fill Peppers, replace lids, and serve. Enjoy & Happy Halloween!