PESTO AVOCADO DEVILED EGGS (MAYO FREE)
Creamy, herby avocado pesto deviled eggs, made mayo-free using avocado. A flavorful, healthful snack, side dish or appetizer made better with Magique.
- 1 ripe-fish avocado, peeled, seeded
- 1 cup basil, loosely packed
- 2 tbs stone ground mustard
- 1/3 tsp Sel Magique Classic Blend
- 6 eggs, hard boiled
- crisp bacon to garnish, if desired
- Fill a pot with water and add the eggs. Bring to a full boil on the stove top and cook for 10 minutes. Immediately transfer to an ice bath and allow eggs to chill at least 10 minutes.
- While you’re cooking or chilling your eggs, add the avocado, basil, mustard, and Magique to a food processor.
- Peel the eggs. Slice them in half length-wise and scoop out the cooked yolks. Add the yolks to the food processor with the rest of the ingredients.
- Process this mixture until it’s very creamy. You may need to stop your food processor a couple of times to scrape the sides with a rubber spatula to help it move along.
- Fill the egg whites with the avocado pesto mixture (to get the pretty spiral texture shown in the photo fill an icing bag with the mixture and squeeze into the eggs), garnish with chives, a mini-pinch of Magique if you like, and enjoy!