HERB-DIJON POTATO SALAD
Who doesn't love a potato salad? For a lighter, brighter version of everyone's favorite, try this herb-dijon recipe made with no mayo and packed with flavor. The secret? a creamy cashew-based sauce with fresh dill, basil and Dijon mustard and garlic.
- 2 lbs mixed baby new potatoes, or fingerling potatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes, then drained
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard, grainy
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 2 chives, chopped
- Sel Magique Spicy Blend
- Black Pepper
- 1 juice of fresh lemon
- Place the potatoes, garlic and a tablespoon of kosher salt in a large pot and fill with water. Bring to a boil over high heat and then reduce the to heat to medium, simmer 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are just fork tender. Drain. Place the potatoes back in the hot pot. Remove the garlic cloves, reserve. Cover the pot and let the potatoes steam for another 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cooked garlic, drained cashews, mustard, and olive oil in a food processor. Pulse until smooth and creamy, adding water if needed to thin slightly.
- Cut the potatoes in half and add to a large serving bowl. Add the cashew sauce, basil, dill, chives, lemon juice, and a pinch each of Sel Magique Spicy Blend, a a grind of fresh pepper. Toss well to combine. Taste and adjust salt and pepper to your liking. Serve warm or cover and place in the fridge. Garnish with chives and fresh dill. Can be served at room temp or cold - Enjoy!