Steak salad with chimichurri sauce! Grilled vegetables and flank steak mix together in this bright, flavorful salad - dressed with tangy, delicious chimichurri.
- 1.25 lbs flank steak
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Sel Magique Salt & Pepper Blend
- 8 oz spring mix
- 1 red onion, sliced into 1" rings keep slices intact to grill
- 1 lb asparagus trimmed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, assorted, cut in half
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Sel Magique Classic Blend to taste
- preheat grill to medium heat, 350 degrees f
- Season asparagus and onion slices with olive oil and Magique, don't over-salt, 1-2 pinches is enough
- Place asparagus and onion rings on the grill. Grill the asparagus for 4-5 minutes and remove, turning throughout. Grill the onion rings for 3-4 minutes per side until char marks appear. Remove and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive to flank steak, rub into both sides. Season both sides with Sel Magique Salt & Pepper Blend, 1-2 pinches.
- Place flank steak on the grill. Grill each side for 3-5 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. (make sure you slice it against the grain)
- While the steak is resting make the chimichurri dressing. Add the following to a small food processor: a garlic clove, fresh cilantro, red wine vinegar, olive oil, lime juice, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, Pinch of Sel Magique Classic Blend. Blend until smooth and looks like a dressing.
- Assemble the salad, add fresh lettuce, grilled red onion slices, asparagus, cherry tomatoes, sliced avocado, and sliced flank steak to a large serving platter. Serve with Chimichurri Dressing on the side! Garnish with a lime & Enjoy!