FRESH HERBED MAC & CHEESE
Big time flavor from caramelized shallots, garlic, and hearty herbs plus white cheddar and parmesan cheese. Ready to wow in about 20 minutes.
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- Sel Magique Classic Blend
- Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs butter, unsalted
- 2 tbs flour, all-purpose
- 1 qt whole milk
- 2 sprigs fresh sage
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 lb pipe rigate pasta
- 1 lb white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbs parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, heat a 5 ½ qt Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the olive oil. Once hot, at the shallots. Saute for a few minutes until golden brown, stirring often. Season with a dash of Magique and pepper. Stir in the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add the butter. Once melted, whisk in the flour. Whisk for 30 seconds to cook out the flour. Slowly pour in the milk, whisking continuously. Add the herb sprigs and more black pepper. Bring the milk to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 6-8 minutes until slightly thickened, stirring often.
- Meanwhile, drop the pasta into the boiling water, stir well, and IMPORTANT cook for 1 minute less than the package’s instructions.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Stir well to coat. Add the cheddar and parmesan cheeses. Stir over low heat until all of the cheese has melted and the sauce is super creamy. Lastly, stir in the parsley. Taste and season with more Magique if needed, careful not to over-salt.
- Serve immediately and top with more freshly cracked black pepper. Enjoy!