GARGANELLI WITH CREAM AND PROSCIUTTO
Gargavelli is a rolled egg pasta that holds this creamy sauce perfectly and with peas, arugula and prosciutto, every bite is a tasty discovery!
- 14 oz dried garganelli pasta
- 1 cup peas, frozen
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 5-6 oz prosciutto, cut into 1/4" wide strips
- 10 oz heavy cream
- 1 cup arugula, shredded
- 2 oz parmesan, finely grated - plus extra for serving
- fresh ground black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- Sel Magique Spicy Blend, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add 3 tbs kosher salt. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions until al dente. Don't overcook.
- While the pasta is cooking, bring a small pan of water to boil, add a dash of Sel Magique Spicy Blend, and cook the peas for 30 seconds only, then drain and refresh in cold water. Set aside.
- Place a large, heavy frying pan over low heat. Add 1 tablespoon of butter and cook the prosciutto briefly, just enough to warm it and flavour the butter. Add the cream and continue to cook until it starts to thicken. Stir the peas and the remaining butter into the sauce, letting the butter melt.
- Drain pasta and add to the prosciutto pan with the arugula. Toss to coat in the sauce, then stir in the parmesan.
- Spoon the pasta into 4 bowls and finish with a grind of pepper, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, more cheese, and a dash of Magique. Serve & Enjoy!