TUSCAN CHICKEN PASTA
Classic flavors of sun-dried tomato, basil, spinach, garlic and lemon wrap around gently browned chicken and pasta in this feel-good dish.
- 8 oz linguini
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp italian seasoning we like Simply Organic's version, available on Amazon
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- Sel Magique Spicy Blend, to taste
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp flour
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced thin We prefer the oil-packed variety
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup baby spinach, loosley packed
- small handful fresh basil
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Boil a salted pot of water and cook pasta al dente according to package directions.
- Add the chicken pieces to a skillet, along with the olive oil. Sprinkle the chicken with the garlic powder, Italian seasoning, smoked paprika, and a pinch of Magique. Give it a good stir and cook over medium-high heat for 4 minutes, stirring often, until the outside of the chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the chicken broth, Dijon mustard, flour, and lemon juice to the pan. Stir until well combined and let it bubble for a minute or so.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and cream to the pan. Let it simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken back into the pan. Cook for another few minutes until the chicken is cooked through (be careful not to overcook).
- Stir in the basil and spinach. Let it cook for a minute or so until it wilts. Give the sauce a taste and season with extra salt & pepper if needed.
- Drain the pasta and toss it with the sauce. Serve immediately with some freshly grated parmesan. Add a dash of Magique to each bowl before serving. Enjoy!