PERFECT PORK CHOPS
Easy to make and a great standard to put into your meal rotation. These are dry-rubbed then seared to get a pop of flavor and appetizing char, then baked to seal in the juices. Simple recipes like this is where our Classic Blend really shines - with its mineral-rich saltiness and light herbal flavors bringing the dish's flavors to life. Serve with the sauce, it's like liquid gold and you'll want to savor each bite with a dip. Ready in about 15 minutes, these chops pair perfectly with just about any side dish like sautéed green beans, potatoes and more.
- Cast iron skillet. If you don't have one, now is the time to invest in one - extremely useful!
- 12 oz boneless pork chops (2 chops 1.5" thick) You can use bone-in chops, just add 2 minutes to oven cook time
- 2-4 sprigs thyme
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled & lightly crushed
- 3 tbs unsalted butter, room temp
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Sel Magique Classic Blend, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Season the pork chops with Magique and fresh ground pepper on both sides. (We use Classic Blend here plus fresh ground pepper because we want all the herbal goodness of the marjoram, savory, thyme and lavender for the sauce). Set aside.
- Heat up a cast-iron skillet on high heat. Add the butter and as soon as it melts, add the pork chops. Sear quickly for 1 minute on the bottom side only. Turn off the heat and add the garlic and rosemary on the side of the skillet. Transfer the skillet to the oven.
- Bake the pork chops for 10-12 minutes (add 2 minutes if using a bone-in chop), or until the internal temperature is 145°F using a meat thermometer. You may also cut a slit in the middle to check doneness. Remove from oven and serve immediately. Enjoy!