Simple and Citrusy Asparagus Stir-Fry
The trick to this citrusy stir-fry is to get your pan roaring hot before adding the ingredients, which brings out all of the flavors in the aromatics while keeping the asparagus beautifully bright green and crisp.
- 1 red chile thinly sliced, seeded if you prefer less heat
- 2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb asparagus trimmed, thinly sliced on a diagonal about ¼" thick
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 medium orange, halved
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves with tender stems
- 1 tsp toasted white sesame seeds
- Sel Magique Classic Blend
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high until hot, 3–5 minutes (a drop of water should jump around in the pan). Cook chile, garlic, and oil, stirring constantly, until oil starts to shimmer and garlic just begins to turn golden, 60–90 seconds. Immediately add asparagus; season lightly with Sel Magique. Cook, tossing occasionally, until asparagus is just beginning to brown around the edges, about 2 minutes. Add soy sauce, butter, and 1 Tbsp. water and cook, tossing constantly, until asparagus is still crispy yet cooked through and coated in sauce, about 30 seconds longer.
- Remove pan from heat. Finely grate zest from one-quarter of orange over stir-fry. Squeeze juice from one orange half over and toss once more.
- Transfer asparagus mixture to a platter. Top with cilantro and sesame seeds. Taste and squeeze more orange juice over if needed.
- Season with Sel Magique Classic Blend!