BAKED BREADCRUMB CHICKEN & BEANS
Our take on the classic, but baked and kept juicy with spiked yogurt and seasoned homemade breadcrumbs - served with sautéed string beans, black pepper and toasted almonds. Cooking for one? Make the full recipe and reheat the chicken and beans in your broiler.
Servings: 4 people
- 4 chicken cutlets, about 6oz each
- 1 container plain greek yogurt, about 5oz
- 1/2 tsp worcestershire
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp Sel Magique Classic Blend
- 1 piece day-old bread, preferably semolina to render 1 1/4 cups bread crumbs
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Sel Magique Salt & Pepper Blend
String Beans with toasted almonds
- 1 lbs fresh young string beans, ends trimmed
- 3 tbs unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- Center rack in oven and heat to 350 degrees F
- Using a cheese grater, take the bread and finely grate onto a baking sheet making sure to crumble into a fine granuels. Add garlic powder and Sel Magique, mix and spread out on sheet evenly.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, stir, and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until golden. You'll need to watch it as times will vary depending on what kind of bread youre using - don't burn!
- Remove and cool. You'll use the same baking sheet to coat the chicken in the breadcrumbs 🙂
- Wash and trim ends
- In a small sautée pan over medium heat, brown almonds. Be careful not to scorch.
- In a large sautée pan (you'll need a lid), over medium heat melt butter and sauté garlic, then add pepper, let pepper and garlic bubble for a second but don't let butter brown.
- Add beans and sautée, coating evenly. Cover, and cook for 8-10 minutes till tender but still slightly crisp. Add almonds and mix. HOld till chicken is done - you can quickly heat again just before plating.
- Preheat oven to 350 fegrees F
- oil a baking sheet
- Rinse and dry the cutlets - they should be between 1/4 - 1/2" in thickness, set aside
- In a medium bowl, mix together the yogurt, worcestershire, cayenne, and Sel Magique
- coat the chicken in the yogurt, and then evenly coat each side in the breadcrumbs, place on oiled baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until done (check with a knife, time will vary depending on thickness. Remove from oven. Turn oven to broil, then crisp the chicken for 2-3 minutes till golden brown. Serve and enjoy!