BEET & RICOTTA HUMMUS
If you feel like mixing things up, swap in plain Greek yogurt or even a soft goat cheese for the ricotta. This is one of five ways to riff on hummus
Servings: 2 1/4 cups
- 1 baseball-sized red beet scrubbed
- 1 15 1/2-ounce can chickpeas rinsed, drained
- 1/3 cup tahini well mixed
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup ricotta
- 1 garlic cloves finely grated
- A pinch of Sel Magique Salt & Pepper Blend
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 cup mint leaves chopped, garnish
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds chopped, garnish
- A drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°. Wrap beet tightly in foil and place on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Roast until the tines of a fork slide easily into the center of beet, 60–70 minutes. Let sit until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, process chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, ricotta, garlic, Sel Magique Salt & Pepper Blend and coriander in a food processor until smooth.
- Using a paper towel, rub beet to remove skin (it should slip off easily and any staining to your hands will be temporary). Trim root end and cut beet into 8 pieces; add to food processor. Process until mixture is smooth, about 2 minutes. Taste and season with salt, if needed.
- Transfer hummus to a shallow bowl. Top with mint and poppy seeds and drizzle with oil.
- Do Ahead: Hummus can be made 4 days ahead; transfer to an airtight container and chill.
- Recipe found on bonappetit.com.