CARAMELIZED BUTTERNUT SQUASH
Get into the spirit of the season with this delicious recipe featuring an icon fall vegetable.
- 2 medium Butternut Squash (4-5lbs total)
- 6 tbs Butter (unsalted) (melted)
- 1/4 cup Light Brown Sugar packed
- 1/2 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 1 1/2 tsp Sel Magique Classic or Spicy Blend
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut off and discard the ends of each butternut squash. Peel the squash, cut them in half lengthwise, and remove the seeds. Cut the squash into 1 1/4 to 1 1/2-inch cubes and place them on a baking sheet.
- Add the melted butter, brown sugar, Sel Magique Classic or Spicy Blend and pepper. With clean hands, toss all the ingredients together and spread in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast for 45 to 55 minutes, until the squash is tender and the glaze begins to caramelize. While roasting, turn the squash a few times with a spatula, to be sure it browns evenly. Taste for seasonings and serve hot.