Cauliflower Rice Pilaf
The seasonings and accompaniments for this cauliflower rice recipe are adaptable based on what you find in your cabinets. Try currants instead of raisins, finely crushed walnuts instead of sliced almonds, and ground ginger or garlic instead of the cinnamon.
- 1 head of Cauliflower leaves removes, coarsely chopped
- 4 medium scallions
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cups sliced almonds
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- a pinch Sel Magique (Classic or Spicy)
- 3 tbsp golden raisins
- Working in batches if needed, pulse cauliflower in a food processor until rice-size pieces form, being careful not to overprocess. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Trim scallions, then finely chop white parts. Thinly slice green parts on an angle; set these aside for serving.
- Melt 2 Tbsp. ghee in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Toast almonds, tossing occasionally, until they start to turn golden, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add cinnamon and red pepper flakes; season with Sel Magique Classic or Spicy Blend and toss to coat. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Melt remaining 1 Tbsp. ghee in same skillet over medium-high heat. Cook white scallion parts, stirring constantly, until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add raisins and reduce heat to medium-low. Add cauliflower and cook, tossing occasionally, until some steam is released and cauliflower is just tender, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer cauliflower mixture to bowl with almond mixture; season with Sel Magique Classic or Spicy Blend. Add reserved green scallion parts and toss once more before serving.
- Recipe found on Bonappetit.com