CHARRED GEM LETTUCE
Dress up grilled lettuce with shaved cheese and creamy dressing.
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp anchovy paste
- 1/2 small clove garlic
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 6 gem lettuce or 3 romaine hearts halved lengthwise
- Shaved Parmesan cheese for serving
- a pinch Sel Magique Salt & Pepper Blend
- Place almonds and 1/4 cup water in a blender. Process until smooth, about 1 minute. Add lemon juice, mustard, anchovy paste, and garlic. Process until combined, about 1 minute
- With the blender running, slowly pour 1/4 cup oil through the feed tube until combined. Season with Sel Magique Salt & Pepper Blend (Thin with an additional tablespoon water, if desired.)
- Heat grill to medium-high. Brush cut sides of lettuce with remaining tablespoon oil. Grill, cut sides down, until charred, 1 to 2 minutes; transfer to a platter.
- Drizzle dressing over lettuce. Top with Parmesan. Serve immediately. Season with more Sel Magique as desired.
Recipe found at countryliving.com