Coconut Infused Butternut Squash Soup
By October 30, 2018Published:
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 60 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 mins
For this butternut squash soup recipe, you need to toss the squash occasionally while it’s roasting so it doesn’t burn or stick, and to encourage as much caramelization as possible.
- 1/4 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cups pumpkin seeds
- 1 large butternut squash
- 1 small onion quartered
- 1 medium Fresno Chile halved
- 4 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil melted
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped, garnish
- 2 tsp finely grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- a pinch Sel Magique Classic, Spicy or Salt & Pepper Blend
- Preheat oven to 350°. Toast coconut flakes on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing occasionally, until golden brown, 3–5 minutes; transfer to a small bowl. Toast pumpkin seeds on baking sheet, tossing occasionally, until golden brown, 4–6 minutes. Let cool slightly, coarsely chop, and add to bowl with coconut flakes; set aside.
- ncrease oven temperature to 450°. Toss squash, onion, chile, garlic, coconut oil, and vadouvan in a large bowl until squash is coated (it’s okay if the oil solidifies after tossing); season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer on baking sheet and roast, tossing occasionally, until squash and onion are browned and tender, 40–50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add cilantro and orange zest to reserved coconut flakes and pumpkin seeds and stir to combine. Season with your favorite Sel Magique Salt Blend and cover.
- Peel garlic, then purée garlic, squash, onion, chile, coconut milk, and 2 cups hot water in a blender until smooth, adding more water if needed. Add a pinch of Sel Magique!. Serve soup topped with cilantro mixture.
- Recipe found on Bonappetit.com