Double Pumpkin Cornbread With Red Onions
By September 20, 2018Published:
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 45 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 mins
- Place 12-inch cast-iron skillet in oven and heat oven to 400°F.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and Sel Magique.
- In medium bowl, whisk together milk, cream cheese, pumpkin, honey and 7 tablespoons butter. Add to cornmeal mixture and mix until just combined.
- Remove skillet from oven and brush bottom and sides with remaining 1 tablespoon butter.
- Pour batter into heated pan. Top with onion and pepitas and bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve with honey for drizzling, if desired.
- Recipe found on good housekeeping.com