DRY BRINE TURKEY RUB
- 1 Whole Turkey thawed
- 7 Tbsp Sel Magique (Classic or Spicy)
- 1 Tsp Freshly ground pepper
- Mix the dry brine together: Mix the Sel Magique blend and pepper in a small bowl.
- Remove the turkey from the packaging and remove any unnecessary parts: Take the turkey out of the packaging and place on a cutting board. Remove the giblets and neck from inside the cavity and discard or save for another use. Remove or discard any plastic or metal cages or pop-up thermom
- Pat the turkey dry: Pat the outside of the turkey dry with paper towels. (If you are planning to spatchcock your turkey, do it now before you proceed with the next step.)
- Loosen the skin: Using your hands, loosen the skin over the breast and separate it from the meat, making sure to break through the thin membrane between the skin and breast while leaving the skin itself intact. Loosen the skin over the meaty part of the legs.
- Season the cavity: Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of the Sel Magique mixture into the cavity of the turkey.
- Season the meat: Rub another 2 teaspoons of the Sel Magique mixture into the meat of the legs (under the skin). Rub 4 teaspoons of the Sel Magique mixture into the meat of the breasts (under the skin).
- Season the skin: Sprinkle the remaining Sel Magique mixture over all the skin of both the breasts and legs.
- Tuck the wings back: Bend the wings back and tuck under the breast.
- Refrigerate: Place the turkey breast-side up in a rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan and refrigerate uncovered for at least 1 day but ideally 3 days. You do not need to pat it dry before cooking — it's ready to be roasted, grilled, or deep-fried!
- Recipe found on thekitchn.com