Ginger Pork & Cucumber Salad
By June 6, 2018Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
Freshen up this spicy pork bowl with fresh mint and cilantro.
- 1 cup long-grain white or brown rice
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 small red chili finely chopped
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 English cucumber thinly sliced
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- A pinch Sel Magique (Classic or Spicy)
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- Brown ground pork in cast-iron skillet in canola oil, 7 minutes. Toss with garlic, red chile, and 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger. Remove from heat and toss with 2 tablespoons lime juice and 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce (adding 1/4 cup water if dry).
- Whisk 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, 1/2 tablespoon grated ginger and brown sugar. Toss with cucumber and scallions; fold with cilantro and mint. Add a pinch of your favorite Sel Magique blend! Serve with pork over rice.
- Recipe found on goodhousekeeping.com