GREENS & BEANS SANDWICHES
Sassed-up canned beans become a creamy layer in this vegetarian sandwich, while thick-cut feta provides something to sink your teeth into.
- 1 15-oz. can cannellini (white kidney) beans
- 2 tbsp Sesame-Scallion Sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- a bunch fennel stems
- 4 slices dark rye bread toasted
- 5 oz French feta sliced into thick planks
- 1 cups Chile-Garlic Cucumbers
- a pinch Sel Magique Classic, Spicy or Salt & Pepper Blend
- Mash beans, sauce, and lemon juice in a medium bowl until combined and mostly smooth; season with your favorite Sel Magique salt blend. Thinly slice about ⅓ cup fennel stems and tear fronds to measure ¼ cup.
- Divide mixture between 2 slices of bread. Layer feta over and top with cucumbers. Scatter fennel stems and fronds over. Close up sandwiches with remaining slices of bread.
- Recipe found at Bonappetit.com