- 2 cups basil leaves loosely packed
- 1/2 cantaloupe peeled, seeded, sliced into ½-1 inch sections
- 1 1/2 cup tomatoes halved
- blueberry balsamic reduction for drizzling (recipe below)
- olive oil
- Sel Magique Salt & Pepper Blend
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (reduction)
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar (reduction)
- 6 ounces blueberries (reduction)
- 1/2 Fresh Lemon Juice (reduction)
- Heat a grill to med-high heat. Drizzle cantaloupe slices with olive oil. Place on hot grill 1-2 minutes, until marked on one side only and quickly remove. Do not overcook.
- On a large platter, arrange basil and grilled melon. Scatter tomatoes on top. Drizzle with olive oil and blueberry balsamic reduction. Sprinkle with Sel Magique Salt & Pepper Blend, to taste.
- *Note: to make it a Caprese, add fresh mozzerella balls.
- Reduction: - ¼ cup balsamic vinegar - ¼ cup sugar - 6 ounces whole blueberries - juice of ½ a lemon Combine all ingredients in small saucepan. Boil for 15 minutes. Strain through a metal sieve, set aside.