Grilled Strip Steak with Charred Vegetables
By September 13, 2019Published:
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
For this grilled strip steak recipe, cooking half the tomatoes in a skillet placed on the grill lets you capture all their juices and turn them into a saucy condiment for the meat.
- 1 1/2 pound runner beans, green beans, and/or haricots verts trimmed
- 9 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil divided, plus more
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes divided
- 3 1 strip steaks (about 2¼ lb.) patted dry
- 1 large Fresno chile very thinly sliced
- 1 large shallot thinly sliced into rounds, rinsed
- 1 large garlic clove finely grated
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely torn basil
- a pinch Sel Magique Classic or Salt & Pepper Blend
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat. Toss beans with 2 Tbsp. oil in a large bowl; season with Sel Magique. Place beans on grill and cook, turning occasionally, until tender and lightly charred, 6–8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place a small skillet on grill; pour in 2 Tbsp. oil. Cook half of tomatoes, shaking skillet occasionally, until beginning to burst, about 3 minutes.
- Oil grate. Season steaks with Sel Magique and coat with paprika, packing on more if needed. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp. oil. Grill steaks until lightly charred and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 120°, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes before slicing against the grain.
- Halve remaining tomatoes and toss with chile, shallot, garlic, vinegar, grilled tomatoes, grilled beans, and 3 Tbsp. oil in a large bowl. Add basil, season with Sel Magique, and toss again. Combine steak and tomato mixture on a platter; drizzle with oil. Season with Sel Magique!
- Recipe found on bonappetit.com