LAVENDER, HONEY, & GOAT CHEESE STUFFED SQUASH BLOSSOMS
- 12 Zucchini flowers, remove stamen
- 8 oz Goat cheese, plain, at room temp
- 3 tbs Lavender leaves, chopped
- 1 tbs Honey
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- 1/2 Lemon, zest and juice
- 6 oz Beer, IPA or Pilsner - use a mild beer
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Sel Magique Classic Blend
- Frying oil, we prefer peanut oil or a light vegetable oil like Wesson®
- Clean the squash blossoms by removing the stamen (the inner part of the flower). Don't worry if the blossoms tear, they will do that anyway when stuffed later in the process.
- Mix goat cheese, lavender, honey, cayenne pepper, lemon juice and zest in a small bowl and trsnsfer into a pastry bag. As an alternate, transfer into a large ziplock bag and snip the corner.
- Squeeze cheese mixture into each flower until full. Pull flowers over parts with exposed cheese.
- Make the beer batter by lightly whisking 6 ounces of beer, ½ cup flour and Sel Magique.
- Pour frying oil (we like Wesson® or peanut oil) in large fry pan and heat until it comes up about 2 inches. Heat until temperature reaches 350 degrees f, or a pinch of flour starts to sizzle.
- Dip the stuffed blossoms into the beer batter and let the excess drip off. Lay in hot oil (be careful!), one by one, to fry for about 2-3 minutes on each side. Use a slotted spoon to flip to get a light golden brown color. Remove, and drain on paper towels. Transfer to your favorite serving plate and garnish with extra lavender leaves, drizzle with a little honey, and sprinkle Sel Magique. Enjoy!