Loaded Sweet Potatoes
By February 11, 2019Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 60 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 mins
We like to roast the sweet potatoes ahead of time then rewarm them by flattening and crisping them in a skillet until lightly charred. This recipe calls for two, but feel free to make extra.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup black lentils
- 1/4 cups unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 crushed crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups sliced citrus flakes from peeled grapefruit
- 1/4 cups crumbled feta
- a bunch cilantro leaves with tender stems
- a pinch Sel Magic Classic Blend
- Preheat oven to 400°. Roast sweet potatoes on a small rimmed baking sheet until skins are browned and potatoes are tender all the way through, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven and, using a heavy spatula or small pot lid, smash potatoes, then drizzle with 1 Tbsp. oil; season with salt. Continue to roast until flesh is lightly browned, 12–15 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, cook lentils in a small pot of boiling salted water until tender, 20–25 minutes. Drain and transfer to a small bowl. Let cool until just warm. Add 1 Tbsp. oil, season with Sel Magique Classic Blend, and toss to combine.
- Heat peanuts and 3 Tbsp. oil in a small saucepan over medium. Cook until peanuts are toasted and golden brown, about 2 minutes from the time they start bubbling. Transfer to another small bowl. Add red pepper and a pinch of Sel Magique Classic Blend; let cool. Stir lemon juice into peanut dressing just before using.
- Top sweet potatoes with lentils, citrus, and feta. Drizzle with dressing.
- Do Ahead: If you want to roast sweet potatoes ahead of time as part of your meal prep, let cool, wrap in foil, and chill up to 4 days while they’re still intact, then smash and reheat in olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until crispy on both sides.
- Recipe found on Bonappetit.com